All Purpose Cleaner - Concentrated Dissolving Strips
Our effective cleaner will be the best you have ever used - guaranteed!
Did you know that your current All Purpose cleaner is almost certainly at least 95% water? With Nantucket Footprint All Purpose Cleaning Strips, you get all of the active ingredients you need in our super-concentrated strips.
Add your own water and our concentrated strips (to our reusable glass bottle, sold separately, or reuse your own bottle), shake, and clean at a cost of only $3.75 per 16 oz. bottle!
Nantucket Footprint All Purpose Cleaner will be the best "green" cleaner you have ever used - guaranteed! Mixed fresh in your home before use, it doesn't sit on grocery store shelves degrading in quality, like other cleaners do, providing you with the most effective natural cleaner you have ever used. Cuts grease, grime, and dirt on most surfaces* with ease!
Our cleaning strips have been thoughtfully made from the least toxic alternatives including plant-based surfactants and just a hint of cold-pressed grapefruit and bergamot essential oils. The strips come in plastic-free, compact, lightweight and 100% compostable boxes. The ultimate combination of effectiveness and zero-waste convenience.
How to Use
How to Make: For an effective homemade cleaner, roll and insert strips into a bottle of water - 1 strip for every 8 ounces of water. This small but mighty package contains 8 strips and makes four, 16 oz bottles of cleaner. It fits on your shelf like a little book!
Storage: These products are meant to be stored at room temperature and at average humidity. In cold or dry conditions they may become brittle. If this happens - no worries. They will become pliable again once humidity returns to normal. For a quick fix just waft individual strips over boiling water for a few seconds before use.
How to Mix
How to Open Child Resistant Package
What's In Our Cleaner
SAFE & EARTH FRIENDLY INGREDIENTS There are a lot of “green-washed” products out there. Nantucket Footprint is committed to not being among them. When we set out to make our cleaning formulas, we decided to follow a few basic principles:
- FULL INGREDIENT TRANSPARENCY Our ingredients are all disclosed on our packaging and more details can be found here – most household cleaners sold in the USA still don’t disclose ingredients and aren’t required to. We are committed to 100% ingredient transparency for all our products.
- COSMETIC QUALITY INGREDIENTS There are no strict standards for cleaning product ingredients in the USA so we decided that all of our ingredients needed to not only be on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Safer Choice list but also must have the lowest (safest) ratings on the Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) Skin Deep Database (no ingredient should have a higher rating than a 2). In addition, none of our ingredients appear on the Suzuki Dirty Dozen List – Our thinking is that products used in your home should have ingredients that would be safe enough to use on your body (they of course aren’t intended for bodies – this was just our standard).
- FREE FROM HARMFUL CHEMICALS Every Nantucket Footprint cleaning product is free from harmful chemicals including those that are harmful to people or to the planet - including sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, phosphates, phthalates, parabens artificial fragrances, triclosan, methylisothiazolinone and benzisothiazolinone. Also made without vinegar, bleach, palm oil, and are nonabrasive.
- NO ARTIFICIAL FRAGRANCES Artificial fragrances are a harmful source of household air pollution. When we formulated our products we decided to add just a hint of essential oils to them – they may smell lighter than many of the cleaning products you are used to. We decided that this was important for creating a healthy clean with low toxicity. Our grapefruit and bergamot strips are lightly scented using only cold-pressed essential oils.
- What to Expect: Our cleaning products are free from artificial perfumes and lightly scented with essential oils. This means that our goal is a clean, light, and fresh finish - our fragrance might not hold after a wash or cleaning session. If you are looking for perfumed laundry, we encourage you to add essential oils to wool dryer balls for a heavier fragrance. For heavier cleaning fragrance, add a few drops of essential oil to a bottle of cleaner and shake.
- Our Thinking With Fragrance: The only way to achieve highly fragrant laundry and cleaning products is to use artificial fragrance ingredients. These ingredients are a significant source of household toxins, and we have opted not to use any in our formulations. Our goal is light and fresh -- if you are looking for perfume, you will be disappointed in the fragrance level.
- KICKING SINGLE-USE PLASTIC TO THE CURB Each box of Nantucket Footprint All-Purpose Cleaning Strips equals four plastic spray bottles that never had to be created or discarded! Our boxes are made from compostable cardboard (even the child-resistant button). With over 120 million households in the USA there is a huge amount of plastic waste created from household cleaning products each year – Just imagine what an impact we can have together by eliminating single-use plastic cleaning bottles!
- SUPER EFFECTIVE We guarantee that you will find our all-purpose cleaner to be the most effective natural cleaner you have ever used. We are so confident in this that If you are not 100% satisfied with our product and its effectiveness, we will send you a full refund.
- Antibacterial: We thought long and hard about whether we should include ingredients in our cleaners to make them antibacterial and in the end we decided not to. The problem with the overuse of antibacterial cleaners has been well documented for over 20 years - basically using antibacterial cleaners is like overusing antibiotics. These cleaners exert evolutionary pressure on bacteria and viruses that eventually produce dangerous resistant strains. In addition, the ingredients that give antibacterial cleaners their strength are highly toxic themselves -- triclosan and triclocarban and the components of chlorine bleach are the most common. Read our article for more details: The Problem with Antibacterial Cleaners
- TOTAL CONVENIENCE: Our concentrated cleaning strips come in a lightweight and small package and quickly dissolve in our reusable glass spray bottle filled with water (or your own bottles) and take up no shelf space – ultimate zero-waste convenience.
Read our article on our search for clean ingredients: It’s Not Easy Being Green: The Search for (Truly) Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products
With Little Footprints in Mind
We chose the Footprint of an endangered owl in the middle of our logo to represent our commitment to our brand ethos. Our goal is to be guided by the mindfulness of little footprints in everything we do:
- We are committed to making products that create the smallest possible ecological footprint and will always strive to improve this.
- We are committed to making products that are safe – including that we put them in child-safe packages so that children are not harmed by eating concentrated cleaning ingredients (there are over 350 calls to poison control in the USA per day from kids eating things like dishwasher and laundry pods)
- We are committed to donating a portion of our profits to environmental organizations that protect oceans and work to combat climate change - we are mindful that the most humble creatures with the smallest footprints are impacted everyday by the choices we all make.